Sunday, March 13, 2011

Daylight Savings Time...

Daylight Saving Time gives us the opportunity to enjoy sunny summer evenings by moving our clocks an hour forward in the spring.


Yet, the implementation of Daylight Saving Time has been fraught with controversy since Benjamin Franklin conceived of the idea. Even today, regions and countries routinely change their approaches to Daylight Saving Time.

I ask why did we have to start doing this again? For years we didn't change our time. A few year ago our wonderful Governor (cough cough) changed this. I am a creature of habit when it comes to sleep. I don't set an alarm I just wake up at about 5:00 am. Do you know what this does to me? I am a mess for weeks, tired and not hungry when it is my lunch time. Yes I woke up at 6:00 this morning, won't work tomorrow. When we change back I will be waking up at 4:00.
As for my children, Blake gets on the bus at 6:20. It is pitch black out. It was getting light when Makayla got on at 7:00. Now it will be pitch black out when she gets on the bus. All the high school kids will be driving and getting on buses when it is black out. A couple of the middle schools will also be getting on buses when it is black out. Dangerous ! Yes just so we can have more light in the evening. Kids will be staying up later and not functioning in school.
Does this save any real utility cost? Facts show it doesn't. My thoughts are if it is not broke don't fix it!!
Hugs
 

No comments: