Monday, January 3, 2011

Last day of break and a little knitting









Well today is the last day of break, tomorrow is back to school/work. I don't think we are ready to go back. We went out to eat and did a little shopping for our last day off. It is a long time until Spring Break!
 I have been doing some knitting, no I am not an expert by any means. I mostly make scarves and wraps, simple things. I got the notion to make my mom a wrap for Christmas. I made her a different style several years ago. She loves it and wears it to church a lot and get lots of compliments. Here is the one I made this year. She came over today to pick it up, I had to add the fringe and make the polymer button. So here is my 88 year old mother modeling her wrap. Doesn't she look cute? I keep her in jewlery and styling things to wear. She is a peach! One of my goals this year is to learn to read a knitting pattern and make something a little more complex. Enjoy

Hugs to all!

3 comments:

West Side of Straight said...

Oh, I love the wrap you made your Mother! She will get tons of compliments on it. I'm a self taught knitter too and have trouble reading patterns sometimes. I'm a hat and scarf crafter - only - started a sweater once, and it didn't get finished, and years later used the yarn for a scarf! way to go huh!? ! Have a great week, Jo in MN

Firecracker Kid said...

Aww, it is pretty and she looks pretty with it on. I can't knit, but dabble in crochet. That's so nice you are able to make your grandma gifts.
Carol

Tina said...

'that wrap is awesome!

Thanks for your sweet and encouraging comments on my blog about our new house purchase.

T