Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Stepping out of my confort zone

I am so excited, I taught myself something new in knitting! I am not any kind of expert when it comes to knitting. I make simple things with using the knit stitch. One of my goals was to learn to read a pattern this year. I was looking a some way cool scarves and wondered "How did they do that ?" " What kind of stitch is that?" After searching and searching I discovered it was a drop stitch. I did not give up and found a pattern. Since I don't understand patterns real well I could not quite grasp what the were trying to say to do. I searched more and found a video showing how to do it! Bingo! I can do this. Went to my yarn stash and found some half used skeins of yarn and I was off on a new adventure! I tried it with two yarns, just because I like to think outside of the box. I wished I would have had a bit more yarn to make it longer, I was just experimenting. I love the out come I will be making some more of these. I will also be learning and trying some new stitches. I am so in love with fiber right now......I can't get enough of it. This is also turning wheels for what I hope is a new adventure soon to come. Stay tuned  Enjoy

Hugs

No comments: